Search This Blog

Thursday 9 January 2014

First Filming Day

On tuesday callum did not have his costume so I did all the shots that did not include people these included the establishing shots of the corridor and the clock. Thus when I come to filming with people the actors will not have to wait around. Today I will upload the footage of this filming and put them on premier pro for safe keeping to start editing my rough cut. Moreover, even though my actor Mr Juilan Smith cannot make it after school today I will film the students shots. This is because yesterday I managed to raid the charity shops in order to find Callum a school uniform. The cost came to £7.95 which is a fair amount considering I got 2 school ties, a white shirt, and clack trousers. Hopefully Callum will have shaved today as he hadn't on Tuesday which made him look older and less like a student. we though of using a couple of pupils from the younger years but that would mean I would probably need permission from the parents and I would also need to buy them another uniform to get paint all over.

Luckily I have complete permission for my protagonists to have a paint fight in the art room as long as the room looks exactly the same as when miss Blick left it she doesn't mind. This means that I will have to clean up everything after which I was planning to do anyway. I also have permission from Mr Smith to use the Shikara next week with the lights on the 14th and 16th. So at least some aspects of the project are coming together nicely.

Ok so Callum hasn't shaved but I've bought his costume so it would be a waste of money if he refuses to shave because "its part of his identity". My mum said that she would pay for pizza for the people that help me out for my music video as payment for my actors but this bring didn't work either. so I don't know what to do today. Whether I should cancel my filming today or use a different actor another day because another convention of music videos in general is to have the male protagonist as the lead singer in the band for example weezer. However, Luis has a large amount of work on because he has to retake his drama, has a lead role in his Performing Arts Exam and I don't know whether he has a costume so the best bet is to ask him if he has school uniform like clothes that he does not mind getting paint on. I thought about it an if callum doesn't fit into the costume he has black jeans but he doesn't want to get paint on them. Thats when i though of making it a water fight instead of paint but then my ancillary task won't work. I am quite worried about this because I do not have a mock up of this yet which I need to get started on as soon as possible.

Another huge annoying problem is that I borrowed a camera from PVA on Tuesday because Mr Michie's room was locked. The cameras are different so the quality and lighting of the cameras will be different. Hopefully it won't be so obvious so I will be able to use the better quality HD sony cameras from now on. I will have to compare the footage and reshoot the establishing shots if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment