Search This Blog

Saturday 18 January 2014

3rd day of filming

Ok I filmed a mid shot of the 2 guitarists of the band individually and then a close up of the guitar itself being played by Jonny the lead guitarist to get more detail of the music. Unfortunately, they are just miming but due to their education of music through A-Level they have the basic knowledge to mime with perfection. Thus, I play the song through the amps of the studio they are playing in so they could keep in time with the music and each other. This was done the last time as well but I was talking to my friend and she said the way I have to lip sync it is for the lead singer to mime the words in slow motion it shouldn't matter too much with the long shots but when I do the close up of the front man he will have to know the words a lot better than he did last time. Although I had not done a shooting schedule for this date it went well as I only needed the guitarists because the close ups meant no one else on stage was seen. However, on Tuesday I will need Oscar and the drums in the back ground so that continuity is kept in the close up of the front man Luis. Otherwise the drummer will disappear and reappear several times throughout the music video which will be disorientating for the viewers. Whereas no one is behind the guitarists including the amps as they are much lower than the shot.

I have uploaded all the shots but I may have replaced some with the same name. They are still on the cameras so there's nothing to worry about. On Monday I will sort out the shots put them in the right order and cut the shots to match the animatic and compare the quality of camera, Thus, I will know whether I need to continue using the worse quality camera but to be honest I may just reshoot them shots with the better camera to make my product the best that it can be. Hopefully, on Tuesday lunch I will be able to take a photo of the band in PVA with the Green screen and SLR Camera if everything goes to plan then I will be able to edit the background with photographed splatters of paint in the background and photoshop the transparency of non-copy righted skulls for the band members heads. This way on Tuesday after school Luis and Oscar will have their costumes to do their close ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment