Search This Blog

Thursday 18 July 2013

Pop Punk conventions

History Of Pop Punk

Green Day CD cover
It all started in the mid 1970s when Pop developed Pop rock The genre was then created in the late 90s when punk rock split further into hybrids as you could consider punk pop to be a hybrid of Rock Pop and Punk music, or Pop Punk is a sub-genre of Punk Rock. It is difficult to decide which as a result of bands like Mcfly are pushing the boundaries of pop punk because the label produces more profit than pop. Frequently, the mainstream music of this hybrid or sub-genre involves a fast rhythm with often chord changes and a loud bass but still keeping the same pace as Punk rock.

Target audience 

Normally the age range for both genders, is between 10 and 25 as it is "feel good Music" which is usually played by three of four band members. Some may say the age range is only between 17 and 25 so I am in two minds, because first it thought it would be good to broaden my audience to maximise my profit range. However, the narrative is probably directed to people leaving somewhere either school at 16 home at 18 or university in their 20s. Hence,  I would say the song I have found is marketed towards both males and females from 16 to 25. Thus, the more niche my media is means it will be more specific to my audience.
Blink 182 - Logo

Unfortunately, Pop Punk isn't as popular as it used to be; before it was mainstream but now it is quite niche. Therefore, most Pop punk bands such as
Blink 182 developed their music from Punk Rock bands such as Bad Religion and Nofx. This was done to make it more popular in the early 21st century but quite recently less people have been interested in it. Thus, it is my job to adapt and modernise the genre, so I will evaluate Blink 182 and Green Day to understand the genre of music video. The mainstream pop punk has changed so much  so I will have to check my theories with a survey but first I will need to research further.

No comments:

Post a Comment