Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Developing Of Skills From AS-A2

Digital Technology

So far my blog has improved a great deal  as I have included more videos. I think one of the reasons I got  a low grade last year was because I didn't use enough of a variety of media throughout my blogging as I used mostly images and text. However, we haven't really started using digital technology other than this. I hope to create some more voice recording and videos of myself talking about my progress to continue developing my technical skills and making my blog more interesting.

Research and Planning

I feel I have had a good start with my research as I have collected a range of reliable facts both from books and the Internet. I now understand the history of the music industry which is really good because looking back I don't think we had planned who we were producing the two minute opening for; either a big distributing company such as the Warner Brothers and Columbia, or a small independent company (Indies) such as Sundance independent Film production company until the end evaluation. Hence, in my opinion I think my skills are improving. This is probably a result of the fact that I am working on my own so feel I have a responsibility because when I work in a team I let people take over too easily rather than been confrontational and argue my point which could have provided a better result.

I am looking forward to making a survey so that people can give me feedback to help identify target audience and style of music video I should create taking into account their suggestion and opinion into consideration and combining their ideas to produce the product. I intend to make my team work skills develop further as when working with my actors and musicians to produce the end result.

Post- Production - As we have not yet produced our products I only know what I intend to do. I intend to increase the speed of the pace towards the end shortening the shots between cuts, because in my research I found this is what music videos conventionally do. I will do this by using Premier Pro so that I will go over what I learnt last time so that it improves my memory. I know I remember how to upload footage to the to the software but I do not remember how to setup the software because we only did that once at the beginning of the last project. Therefore, I will have to go back to my notes from last year so I can do it with easy. However, I should be able to refresh my memory in the planning when I make my animatic because I will be using Premier Pro for that. I will use sound in the post-production quite easily as I have the music ready; "by the Pop Punk band Conquer the Decade the song Lets Hear it For the Vague Blur".

Conventions from real media text 

In AS some of my signs or connotations were quite far fetched for example I thought there would be an indexical link with the phone ringing and the male protagonist picking it up and talking into the device. Unfortunately, during teacher feedback it was brought up that it wasn't obvious enough that the protagonist was taking a call. Thus, we had to add an antagonist talking quietly back through another phone we did this using the digital technology as the volume of the foley non diegetic sound. I am also thinking of using more narrative than band but the lead singer on is own that way there will be less lip sinking to do. The narrative is going to be about leaving home and going to university not the world of work.

Creativity

My ideas for other briefs have been quite creative considering we only had two ideas last year I have had several for each this year. However, I think if I did some brainstorms for each I would be able to be more inspired and imaginative. When I start story boarding I will be able to portray my creative skills more easily. However, I still think my idea of the story being leaving home is good because Pop punk music is targeted for the age group of 10-25 according to the urban dictionary site. Nevertheless, I think I need to do some more research into pop punk itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment