Search This Blog

Sunday 9 March 2014

6th day of Filming

Finally, I have completed the narrative filming section so changing teacher was good choice. I should have done it sooner. Never mind that is sorted now. I mean I was only worried that because Mr Ford is not a Drama teacher he would not have been able to pull off the performance required but as Mr Ford is a Media teacher he helped a great deal as he reminded me about reshooting a shot because I had changed the mise-en-scene slightly. Plus, his acting skills were pretty good so I found the correct actor to represent the age.

However, I am a bit annoyed with myself because I did not take photos for my blog but I still have one shooting session. Hence, I will be able to post a picture of my protagonist at least but not their costumes which I am very proud of. I am proud of the costumes because I bought the two ties from a charity shop for 99p each because if Imogen used her old school tie that would have been fine because she is in year 12 she doest need it any more but Rob still needs his as he is in year 11 so it was not advisable because the paint may not come out. Despite the fact the paint says it is washable on the front. Its just better to be safe than sorry because the children's crayola paint says its washable if children get it on their clothes accidentally but what we are doing is purposefully splattering on the clothes. Therefore, it is less likely to come out easily in the wash and the notion the ties were so cheap means it does not matter if I never use them again. I also got the black pair of trousers that Rob is wearing in the promo from a different charity shop for £3.95 which is not bad considering elsewhere e.g Primark they were £15. I also obtained a shirt but unfortunately it did not fit Rob as I was aiming at the time for the clothes to fit Callum. I did ask Rob to come with me to lost property to find him a shirt but he said he had one that he would not have minded getting paint on. Moreover, Imogen had all her clothes that she was not fussed getting paint on.

I have washed the ties and the pair of trousers and unfortunately the paint did not come out that well I am hoping, Imogen and Rob had better luck. Its just lucky that we did not use Robs uniform thinking the paint would come out because he could be without a uniform now and they are quite expensive to replace. Meanwhile, I have started the editing by uploading the footage and am a bit worried because one of the shots I reshot was not there but I think I may be paranoid as I was not looking with much concentration as I wanted to give Miss Collins the camera back as soon as possible. Anyway, I hope to finish film by Thursday provided that Luis can move his Drama Rehearsal to a different day,  Rob can make it as he has a presentation at 7pm on that day and Mr Smith can move the Drama rehearsal to the Java Studio as all other days people have things on which they cannot move.

No comments:

Post a Comment