Search This Blog

Monday 24 February 2014

Progress - to do list



I am midway through my music video as I have edited the first and second chorus and the beginning of the narrative section. I have incorporated the post-modern theory by breaking the first wall in the performance section. I have further developed this theory by making the layout of the school hyper-real because there is a large amount of space from one room to another in the narrative section and the 'club' is actually a drama studio in the school. Thus, bricolage is used as this is a a collage of footage instead of images. Also, the song it self could be a generic hybrid of pop-punk, indie and . I still need to finish filming as explained earlier I have used a different lower quality camera compared to last year but it is still the same format so I have gained more confidence with setting up the tri-pod. This is due to the idea that we are now working individually so I have had more practise as we had to divide the work up last year in order for everyone to have a go.

Unfortunately, the different camera means different files which are slower and is why my editing is taking so long. Moreover, I transferred all my files to a different laptop at the very beginning of the project and I know that it did not work so I imported the small amount of footage I had again and created a new premier pro file but didn't delete the old ones this also made my MacBook slower so it is a little faster now. What seems to be happening is the sound is playing but the images are not so at the moment I am listening to the footage marking in and then out what I want to import which is working a bit better than before but not drastically. Basically, I have to be patient with it. I have now decided to right click on the timeline of the preview of the footage to mark in and out what I want to import this continues to quicken the pace of editing. I think before, I had something to do while I was waiting for the footage to render as I would go onto Photoshop and do my digipak but now I have realised how long it was taking to load. Plus the more files added the more time it takes to buffer. What I need to do is just get another piece of work and keep switching while waiting for the mac to load but it gets irritating after a while of starting and stopping thought processes. 
Oscar showed me how to use it as he does A-level Photography which just goes to show its not what you know its who you know. I had a challenge taking a photo of the background of my digipak because my memory card was jammed but my friend Alice fixed it.
Editing my digipak has been interesting I learnt how to use an SLR camera and how to use Photoshop. I used Photoshop a few times in GCSE art course but I had forgotten quite a lot of techniques but its just a matter of asking my teacher, peers and looking up things on YouTube. For example I found this video that taught me how to change the green screen into the back ground I wanted: 


However, when I did the above there was a green shadow like halo around my people. I asked my friend Reece and he said to use the eraser and go around the images carefully while zoomed in.


When I changed my idea from a skeleton hand to a half skull half human face my friend Callum showed me this video but I felt it was easier to ask someone to show me so I asked my teacher and I learned that I had to select the layer and adjust the opacity (70%) and size of the skull to fit on the musicians faces. I didn't think about it when I came across the idea but it gives anonymity to the band like masks which combines digipaks such as Avril Lavignes and Weezer who have with Green Day and Blink 182.

I was quite pleased with my self when I worked out how to speed up clips and slow them down for example when the protagonists run out of the detention they did not do it fast enough to get into the storyboarded time of 2 seconds and 12 frames therefore I changed the pace to enable it to fit and it looks quite good considering that shot was when the music starts. Furthermore, I slowed the seconds non diegetic sound down to symbolise that time was going slowly because they were so bored. I still need to adjust the sound especially for the narrative section so that the only thing heard is the non diegetic score of the clock.
I still need to change the sound so the background diegetic sound is not heard but the ticking non diegetic sound is heard. I also need to make sure the lip syncing is better because the basic skill like framing and so could decrease my grade considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment