Search This Blog

Friday 7 February 2014

Extension of rough-cut deadline

Luckily, Mr Michie will give me an extension I do not know until when but I will film the rest of the narrative section this Thursday and The bands chorus section on the first Monday back as the room probably won't be in use as my group won' be using it as our exam will be finished.

However, issues have occurred in my footage for example I forgot that Imogen had to turn around in her close up shot to look at the clock but that should be easily fixed on Thursday. Fortunately, I decided to swap the protagonists as in the animatic the male character was on the right but in the footage Imogens on the right. Thus, if I needed to re-shoot the Imogens close up she is most likely to turn up. Also it does not spoon feed the viewers into thinking the target audience is male as in the narrative section the female protagonist is predominant compared to the male. However, even though this is counteracted in the performance section females could still like the band because of sexual attraction because the males are young. Perhaps too young as I have said already if I were to redo the project I would have chosen older musicians as if they were reflecting on their childhood. Nevertheless, pop punks main audience is 17-25 and considering all the males in the band are 18 it appeals to the lower end of the target market making them quite niche.So my ancillary task is going well and I will book the mac out a he end of today to edit what I have over the week end and finish the Digipak at least.

Editing is coming along slowly but surely because it is taking so long to render the shots. This is due to the fact that I filmed all the bands shots all the way through the song without cuts. Thus it has a large amount of frames to render when I import just one shot into to time line. I have adjusted the clock shots to make them go slower as a metaphor for time going fast when you have fun but obviously the students are not having fun in the detention but when they start having fun the pace quickens due to shorter shots and the pace of the music.  

Now it is the 13th Feb and I wanted to film the last chorus with the band and the protagonists but unfortunately Oscar is working and if I can't get the whole band it won't work. So I will have to leave it until next term. I was hoping that I could fit it in between the end of school and the trip because school finishes at 15:40 and the coaches pick us up at 16:45 which gives us more than enough time. Never mind I'll get it done eventually I think this is going to be the most difficult bit because I need to get 7 people together all of which are doing different things at different times. Then again the paint scene will prove difficult as well as I will have to try and not get paint everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment