Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Editing Conventions

I have outlined each shot with a black pen and added closer shots so I need to cut them up and like last year blue tack them to the wall play around with the order. I have looked up music videos such as the following: beautiful disaster by Jon McLaughlin
This inter cuts between 3 setting the narrative the band and the singer and as researched earlier the band is shown during the chorus. However, because my song starts with the chorus so it is difficult to change. The thing is when the Chorus is playing the protagonists are flicking paint at each other. I know this would be more entertaining for the audience to watch than the band but in order to use the conventional pattern of inter-cutting it won't work. However, with the fast pace during the chorus it is easier to have the paint scene there because I can conventionally jump cut like promos do and at the same time connote a chaotic portrayal of the characters. I thought about having more shots of the band during the guitar solo while the narrative actors are running through the school but I do not have enough seconds to do this and closer shots of the characters facial expressions and body language. Hopefully, I will sort this out today because it feels quite cliché with the teacher running after the students for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment