Search This Blog

Monday 4 November 2013

Pitch

Planning my pitch I need to answer the following questions:
  1. What is the meaning or message of your project? How have you conveyed and created this meaning?
  2. Who is your target audience and how are the reflected in your project?
  3. what is your narrative? 
To clarify I have answered these below:
  1. The main lyrics in the song "Lets hear it for the vague blur" are "You told me I'd be fine without my former life" which are repeated as part of the chorus explain the meaning. This is because the young person has left school and realized that he or she had more freedom and less responsibility than compared to going into the world of work or university. Thus, it is conveyed through a positive representation of age for young people. However, this could be interpreted differently depending on the audience.
  2. This is due to the target audience being 10-25. Hence if someone over this age watched the promo they would think the young people disrespectful for leaving the detention when the teacher's back was turned. nonetheless this is how I have reflected my target audience. The conventions in the genre of Pop Punk express the positive representation of males which is dominant and strong. Therefore I have made my target audience white English (,American, Canadian or Australian) males (basically any English speaking person) as this is what is prevalent in my research which will be developed slightly as it will be portray this with the ratio of females to males being 1/2-4/5 depending how many actors I can obtain. So although I will have this target audience it is not treating the audience as though they are unintelligent but just hinting slightly because there are still girls in it.
  3. The male and female protagonists are in a school (portrayed in a long shot of the English department or outside of the Chalfonts Community College) in a detention (conveyed through a close up of the clock and the darkness of the outside which reinforces the rebellious free nature of the students as the students have been so bad that they have had to stay until it was dark) the teacher gets called to the corridor to talk to another teacher and the student protagonists exit the fire escape and the teachers start to chase them round the school.(the audience is notified of the students age as I hope to get hold of old uniforms either from actors or I will just borrow them from lost property but if I cannot I will just ask the actors to wear black bottoms white shirts and a black blazer as this smart attire is iconic for students to wear). Anyway, the students will run outside into another building and up to art with the teachers running after them. The students will start flicking paint at them which will relate to the CD Digipak as there will be splatters of paint on the background. Then they will run through the winter gardens to Mr Michie's room (if I get permission). Here they will look through either folders or SIMs an interactive program which holds the students reports.(I may make this up on publisher or photoshop and use the real program as a template as I may not be given permission from either the actors or teachers to use the actors real reports. The protagonists will continue to be chased to the Chikara drama building where the band is playing. Throughout the whole video it will be cross cutting back and forth to the band acting as though they are playing instruments, lip-syncing and breaking the fourth wall and to the narrative. The couple come into the studio warn everyone about the teachers and then the song ends in a really fast pace so I was hoping to cut away from the band to the teachers and when the teachers come into the room all the actors are hiding. Thus the camera zooms into the foot of the female protagonist who is behind the curtain with the male protagonist no non diagetic music just like the beginning where there is just the diegetic sound of the clock ticking. The two main characters have a moment and just before they kiss the music video ends. It is quite similar to Blink 182s music video After Midnight but has quite a different meaning as it conveys the positive or negative representation of disability as it is set in a psychiatric ward. Thus, I have used this as nothing more than inspiration and developed it to suit my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment