Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Change of Heart

I have been having difficulty with finding actors to do the narrative section of my Music Video. I think this is partly because the students I have a choice from have a large amount of work to do. Also not all of them are actors because in sixth form you have the choice to do a variety of different subjects. For example I asked my friend Vienna whether her and her boyfriend would be in it however Vienna does psychology, English and Philosophy and Ethics and Chris does Btec Sport and English all of which are quite academic subjects. Thus they do not feel they are very creative hence are camera shy.

Then I asked Reece and Hannah because they are in my Media class and so know how difficult it is to get actors, but they said the same. Reece also said something that surprised me as he stated that it would be too "cringie". So I have thought about it and decided that if my next couple does not want to do the narrative section of my product I will have to change it. I will probably get two best friends who are girls to escape the detention but instead of hiding straight away in the Chikara room they would be escaping it to go and watch the band. Therefore after checking their reports on the computer and deleting them or paper copy and ripping them up they will leave the school and then magically end up at the venue of a club where the band is playing. This was at one point a back up plan but I am going to discuss my new idea with my peers as this is the target market for my products..

However, This could change my target audience to both boys and girls and I may need more actors for the rest of the audience of the band.

I am back and I have asked my amazing target audience young people aged between 10-25 what they think. The best response I got was my friend Beth's who said combine the two ideas. Genius! So I will have a boy and a girl who are friends and escape the detention to go and see a band in a club. I have also decided to use students from the music department as they understand more about the instruments and how to get it more in time. That way it will be easier to edit with lip syncing. So as soon as I have permission to use the rooms I want I can start storyboarding. Yay!!! Reece, Luis and Oscar said they will be the band members and Callum and said they will be the actors for the narrative based bit. I am getting excited everythings actually going to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment