Search This Blog

Thursday 5 December 2013

Ancillary Task

This is the kind of thing I want for my CD cover without the base so I will probably crop it and try and Photoshop the  colour to make it black instead of silver. This will mean it can stand out against the background and will be remixed from the internet making it post-modern. However, if I can get an original photo that would be better because it would enable me to show off my photography skills. The problem is that I thought I would be able to use he schools skeleton but the only have parts of skeleton not the whole thing. They also had one in the beauty department but the hand was suck together with a metal wiring so hopefully my friend will be able to lend me one if she can find it if not I'll have to use the image above.
Nevertheless, this is the least of my problems because I am finding it really difficult to sort out my promo. Now I have recreated a clearer version of my anamatic I need to make the shots shorter and more conventional. This means jump cutting more as my teacher reminded me that the audience doesn't really know what the school looks like so it doesn't matter if I spend loads of time filming he band during the chorus and they've only climbed some stairs because the viewers will not know how long it takes to climb the stares. Furthermore, the band members each need their moment; this is a convention of music videos I should have noticed while researching.

My friend Beth cannot find a skeleton hand but she advised me to look in hospitals for one so I asked my step brother who is training to be a doctor if he has one or could take a photo of one in the shape of the OK sign. However, if he is not successful I may need to look at my research and rethink my idea. My friend Callum gave me the inspiration of using photoshop and a copyright free image. This means I could take a photo of a skull and a photo of the lead singer Luis or the whole band and adjust the transparency on photoshop. This will link to the band Weezers and the solo artist Avril lavignes CD cover and combine it with my chemical romance's with the skull. I thought about finding a copy right free image of a hand in the OK sign but couldn't. So fingers crossed my Step brother has this skeleton hand.

Ok Alex (step Brother training to be a doctor) has access to skeleton hands but they are not the correct type like the one in beauty the fingers and thumbs are not completely movable. Therefore, I need to take a photo of the whole band and then edit their faces with photoshop to make them look skull like.

No comments:

Post a Comment